Our new website is up...

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by Thomas W. Bethel, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Our new website is up and we are still tweaking it so it is technically not ready for prime time but if anyone wants to take a look and offer suggestions here is the URL.

http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

The person who did our website, Taylor Shockizzle, IMHO is a genius when it comes to website design.

FWIW

2. GregP

GregP Guest

Some pretty good-looking CSS-based layout. Should hold you in good stead for a while. ;)

One thing I'd get Taylor to "fix" ("broken" being used subjectively this time) is the submenu navigation. It should show the sub-categories even when the main category isn't being hovered over.

3. Thomas W. Bethel

Home Page:
    Thanks for the heads up....

4. Guss

Guss Guest

Whats with the Latin ?

5. JoeH

JoeH Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Nice website! (The faux latin is just place-holder stuff for now, right?)

But if I'm reading this correctly, your mission statement, on your front/splash page, indicates there's a chance you MIGHT screw up and you'll do it again for them, for free. What a scary mess that would be - , the client's time has been wasted, and you're forced into a re-do situation; hating life, working for free.

If it were me, I wouldn't be comfortable with the message that's sending???? (It would be the LAST time I'd hire a company, if it DID happen....)

All work in this biz is certainly guaranteed, but IMHO, it's not something to put in front of a client's eyes the moment they click on your website: "Hey, if we mess it up, it's free!"

Judging by all the wonderful services you DO provide, I think there are much better things you can say in the way of "Hello" to entice new clients visiting the site for the first time. A nice pic never hurts, either.

Not sayin', just sayin....

Oh, and maybe drop the "Created by Dreamweaver" & "Taylor" stuff....nobody cares about that kind of thing anymore, really. (Or is that a copyright thing with them?? Perhaps it is? Put it down the bottom somewhere, if it HAS to be there.) Unless he's working for free or something, I don't understand why "Taylor" has to have front and center eye-space, smack-dab in the middle of your front page website. Sure, he created it, (for a fee?), but that's PRIME REAL ESTATE and his name does not really belong there. (Yours perhaps, or something equally important, or a current event. It just looks like needless bragging, IMVHO.)

This is one of the first things people see - middle/right-front of the page - when they log on, and it should pay out for you. ("Taylor" knows this, of course! ;-)

I really DO like the site, but I think you could get more into the good stuff sooner, with a better use of the front/splash page than that scary caveat.

Just my .02 worth. :cool:

6. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Nice looking site!

I'm with Joe - lose that caveat.

Also, just nit picking....but:

I would lose this image and any incarnations of such an image. I know classical musicians who would not hire someone based on such an image. (They'd assume you don't understand music since notes are drawn incorrectly).

Other than that - nice CSS!

7. BobRogers

BobRogers Well-Known Member

Good looking site. I like the navigation. Cute puppy. Yours? I like the clean look and the consistency of the color pallet. (I would have picked a different pallet - but that's just me.) I'm with Jeremy on the notation gif. I'm not a classical musician, but it just struck me as ... off.

8. Thomas W. Bethel

Home Page:
    We have finalized our website and included all the suggestion from this web board. A BIG THANK YOU!!! for your time and effort in providing feedback. We have just added some new pictures and a selected client listing to about us. Any other suggestions or comments would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance

9. audiokid

audiokid Chris Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Nice a clean, right to the point. I wouldn't have a splash page with animation though. I would do that in the video section but not a front page. I find they take away from SEO and waste my time. But its only my opinion. Its very clean and I like clean. Your pricing looks spot on. Kudo's! Like your name too.

Best wishes Thomas.

10. niclaus

niclaus Active Member

The website cannot be accessed via iPhone!
    You probably know that, but if not...

Comments made me want to take a look, so i'll try and see it when i have Time!!

N.