P4PE and CPU fan control

Discussion in 'Microphones & Recording' started by fabrice, Jun 2, 2003.

Tags:
  1. fabrice

fabrice Guest

hi,

i have installed a Zalman flower cooler on 2.4ghz P4PE.
    as i like (and need) a quiet computer, i've set the fan mate to silent mode but the mobo'hardware monitor doesn't like it and detects an error and windowsXP won't boot up unless i "ignore" (F1).

my main DAW (next to it) is happy running in silent mode (also no chassis fan) with 2.4ghz on Intel D850EMV2;
    so i don't think there's a danger of over heating the CPU

is there any way to run in silent mode without the hardware monitor error (I.E. normal boot up)??

thanx,

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Yes, simply go into the BIOS, into the Hardware monitor of the power page and simply set the CPU speed to ignore.

That'll do it.

Opus :D

3. fabrice

fabrice Guest

sh1t yeah!!
    must have overlooked that; i must've thought that wasn't a modifiable field.

thanx a bunch (again) Opus :tu: :tu:

4. gabitzu

gabitzu Guest

wich model of zalman flower you bought?...i would like to change my cooler too...but i-m not decided wich i should buy...
    hey fabrice...is it pretty quiet your new cooler?...
    hey opus i wolud like to know wich models of coolers you have installed in your DAWs...or if if you can sugest me a good cooler...what do you thik about Zalman 5700D-Cu?...is it a good choice?

thanks!!!gabriel

5. fabrice

fabrice Guest

gabriel,

the Zalman i have is THIS ONE, the ALCU one.
    the fan (in silent mode) runs around 1400rpm and is very quiet compared to, say >2000 rpm.
    HTH,

6. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Well, at first when I had a rack mount case the case itself helped with the noise..

Now, that I have a tower case I use water cooling which is much quieter!

If I were to get a quiter cooling system other than water I would go for the Zalman as well!

Coolermaster has some nice quiet fans as well.

Opus :D