Peak or Spark?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Marc Cooreman, Jan 29, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Marc Cooreman

Marc Cooreman Active Member

Being very bored to edit samples on the small screen of my E4K, i want to transfer them( quick'n'easy ) to my B/W G3 350 -via SCSI?- do the editing (cut & .....) & back to the EMU .
    BTW ,I also use PT 24 .

Which program would help me best ?

Marc

2. drumsound

drumsound Active Member

Peak supports many samplers. It's quite east to get around, and has been around. It's tried and true.

3. Originally posted by Marc Cooreman:
    Being very bored to edit samples on the small screen of my E4K, i want to transfer them( quick'n'easy ) to my B/W G3 350 -via SCSI?- do the editing (cut & .....) & back to the EMU .
    BTW ,I also use PT 24 .

Which program would help me best ?

Marc

Sorry to jump in. I've got Spark for several months now, and I'm not happy at all . Is very "slow", even on a G4, and I was more pleased with WaveLab on PC. Just my tought.

ciao
    ronnie

4. Marc Cooreman

Amighetti Ronnie ,
    just downloaded & tested demos of Peak & Spark .
    I liked Peak intuitively more , but i guess Spark has more to offer...
    Don't know what to buy yet
    Spark costs less, too
    Not sure yet

5. nrgmusic

nrgmusic Member

Hey Marc
    Here's a huge vote for Peak. Great program talks to almost anything and a doddle to use... And if you are a Pro Tools user you can access all your TDM plugs and treat them within Peak.

Simon :D

6. Marc Cooreman

Simon,
    you can also access all your TDM plugs and treat them within Spark .
    It's also less $$$......
    Did you try a demo of Spark , to compare the two ?
    Anybody who uses both ?

7. nrgmusic

nrgmusic Member

Hey Marc
    No I didn't I'm ashamed to say. I got a trial version of Peak and it just kinda felt good to me. At the time I wasn't running Pro Tools I was mainly doing my programming in Logic and recording everything to Adat via a board. I was just really pleased that I could use premier plugs in Peak and that it would communicate seamlessly with my CD3000xl. No more squinting at that little screen... Have you tried both? I was thinking of upgrading my current 2.1tdm later this month but if Spark is really cool I would very much like to give it a spin.

Simon :D

8. Marc Cooreman

Simon,
    I tried both , but the 7 days of being able to use Spark were shortened by a serious flu .
    Honestly, i liked Peak more intuitively, but then i could use it for a longer time .
    Did you already tried D-SoundPRO ? It's shareware ...you can download it here http://www.d-soundpro.com/
    But the recent 3.5.1 version seems to have a problem with my USB Mac, "sampler is not responding" while Peak & Spark worked fine .
    But , "Version 4.0 available very soon !!!"
    Anyway i'm interested in which program you (or anybody else) PREFER !

Greetings
    Marc