Phase reverse box that's cheap but decent needed for....

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by Antho, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. Antho

    Antho Guest

    The Firepod doesn't have phase reverse, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a small phase reverse box that will fit into the chain between the mics and the Pod. At the moment I'm using phase reverse 'after' recording, but for headphone mixes and convenience, I really want to get it reversed before it gets recorded.

    Any help is greatly appreciated!
  2. Kurt Foster

    Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

    Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    Make a few XLR f to XLR m jumpers that are out of phase, 12" or 16" long.
  3. Antho

    Antho Guest

    AHA! Why on earth didn't I think of that :) With all the cabling I've done in the past... I'm presently beating myself repeatedly about the head for not thinking of that one lol!!

    Cheers Kurt.
  4. Kev

    Kev Well-Known Member

    Nov 13, 2001
    I have small boxes with phase and pad switches
    makes for easy on the spot comparisons

    a simple XL to XL adapter with phase change ... like the simple inline pads

    you can even get these inline xl to xl with limiters built in
    probably diode or fet based chopper limiter
  5. frob

    frob Well-Known Member

    Apr 23, 2004
    would you know where to get (or how to make) some simple inline pads?

    i dont mean to hyjack but i thought you where done.
  6. Antho

    Antho Guest

    No, is good :) I want to know this too for my Kel mics.
  7. Kev

    Kev Well-Known Member

    Nov 13, 2001
    beware that you need to look at charts for Mic interfacing and not the standard line level 600 interfacing
    ... it could still work but the listed attenuation will not be correct

    read this

    here is a calculator
    use the H pad
  8. moonbaby

    moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

    Feb 23, 2005
    Shure offers an XLR tube that reverses the POLARITY
    of the 3-pin source. I believe that Audio-Technica and Whirlwind offer devices for this, too. You can also check out Switchcrafts' website. I think that they offer an empty "tube" wth connectors so that you can wire up your own DIY polarity reverse circuits.

Share This Page