Piano Effect?

P

phantompower

Guest
piano

in my opinion the louder notes are either layered, or, more likely, the piano player just used a lot of dynamics.
 

pr0gr4m

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2005
Location
South Florida
As far as that example goes, the piano is an electric piano and really the only way to get more volume per note is to play it louder.

It might be possible that this was triggered by MIDI in which case, the velocity of the loud notes might have been increased from what they normally were.

The first step in getting something to sound right, is playing it right.
 
S

S1N

Guest
pr0gr4m said:
As far as that example goes, the piano is an electric piano and really the only way to get more volume per note is to play it louder.

It might be possible that this was triggered by MIDI in which case, the velocity of the loud notes might have been increased from what they normally were.

The first step in getting something to sound right, is playing it right.


i see, would it be possible that they did this through compressing a certain frequency?
 
R

Rider

Guest
that site sucks and lags ym computer (ty useless javash*t countdown)

it could be veolcity/dynamics. ive had experiences where a chord would blend in the mix, then the next one would stick out like a sore thumb. it was especially bad with compression which seemed to raise the higher chords even MORE. just depends on the notes played and how they stick out in the mix sometimes, with very little to do about it except automate the volume.
 

frob

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
older keyboards get worn out. its the same not that gets loader so i assume this is what is going on.

i have two older keyboards an alesis and a yamaha that do the same thing, no matter how soft you hit one key it will hit harder then you can even hit the others. its a midi thing on one key no matter what the velocity is at max. it just happends to work for this song.
 

pr0gr4m

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2005
Location
South Florida
S1N said:
i see, would it be possible that they did this through compressing a certain frequency?

No. I really think this was either played this way or triggered via MIDI with the velocity for those notes set high.
 

Kev

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
frob said:
.. , no matter how soft you hit one key it will hit harder then you can even hit the others. its a midi thing on one key no matter what the velocity is at max.
that seems like a faulty key

transpose the key board so that you can use a different key for that note
or
use another midi keyboard with good keys
...

or edit that note in a midi editor
(adjust velocity to a value near the other notes)
and play it back out for a new audio recording
 

frob

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
yea we use a hamer action keyboard midi controler to avoid this, but i think that this is how they got the sound in the clip
 
Top