Plug-in Wish List

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by Doc@BeefyTreats.com, Mar 29, 2002.

1. From the fantastic and impossible to the simple and mundane, let's hear some plug-in wish lists. Add a dream feature to an existing plug-in or demand an entire new type of plug-in, it's up to you.

2. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Well-Known Member

I posted a question elsewhere here on RO about a problem I having with a female vocalist with a slight lisp. I would love to see a "de-lisper" plug-in! From what I understand, (and have experienced), this is quite different from De-Essing, and actually dessing will emphasize the lisp rather than reduce it! ("th's" vs. "esses")

Give me "de-lisper" and I'll be in heaven!

3. Aaron-Carey

Aaron-Carey Active Member

1: Harmonizer!

2: Better noise gates, that are frequency conscious AND have a look ahead that works ( i.e. NOT the way Waves does it)

3: Plugs made by people who actually USE this stuff in real life or have even SEEN this stuff in real life

go to #musicdsp on EFnet and you can chat realtime with a lot of plugin coders. Most of them have nothing to do with the music bizz, they get "their" code from the Calarts DSP library, put a new shiny interface on it and then sell it to us fools

4. Doublehelix- fascinating idea, that delisper. I would guess that would be like trying to take distortion off a guitar track. Did you come up w a way to help the track?

Aaron Carey- I definitely agree your point about noise gates. I would like to see one w your ideas plus the ability to set the gate in real time using a graphic interface.
    Maybe we couold get these plug-in coder guys to participate in our forum as well. I am sure they would get feedback they could really use.
    Cheers, Doc.

5. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Well-Known Member

Actually Doc, no I haven't. Things that I have tried to reduce the lisping instead makes the voice sound "tinny" and "digitized". She has a great voice, and I decided in the long run to let the lisp stay...the cure is worse than the symptom at this point.

6. Doublehelix- Hey, the lisp could be the next big thing, you never know. Cheers, Doc.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed