Powered monitors going from US to Europe?

Discussion in 'Monitoring' started by rabond, May 8, 2007.

  1. rabond

    rabond Guest

    I'm taking a pair of Yamaha MSP5 powered monitors to Warsaw from Nashville. Any advice on changing to the internal power supply so I don't have to use a transformer?
  2. Boswell

    Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

    Apr 19, 2006
    Home Page:
    The specifications of the MSP5 imply that it has a "universal" power supply that will run on US or European mains voltages, so all you should need do is change the plug (or use an adaptor). However, the manual also says that the operating voltage is stamped on a plate attached to the rear of the monitor. It would be safest to check with Yamaha, otherwise it could be expensive.
  3. ghellquist

    ghellquist Member

    May 25, 2004
    My pair is marked 230V 50Hz (I live in Europe), no switches visible from the outside. There might be different versions but do check with Yamaha.


Share This Page