Presonus Digimax LT vs other 8 channel pre's

Discussion in 'Preamps / Channel Strips' started by art4536, Aug 15, 2004.

1. art4536

art4536 Guest

I'm looking for an 8 channel preamp with an ADAT optical out. The only two that are in my price range are the Presonus Digimax LT and the M-Audio Octane. Does anyone have any experience with either? I can't afford the Focusrite Octopre or Digimax 96 otherwise I'd go with those. Behringer makes an 8 channel with ADAT optical, but I've heard a lot of bad stuff especially since this pre will be used for drums! Basically I want something comparable if not better than the pre's within my Tascam FW-1884. If this has already been posted or is in the wrong section I apologize in advance.

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Recent comments on the Octane nd other 8-ch units can be found with the search engine. The Octane has inserts that allow you to input into the converters bypassing the mic pre's, that's a nice feature. ADAT lightpipe only works at 48K in most case unless it is some special case or unless the units support S/MUX where it takes two ADAT optical ports for 8-ch 96K