Presonus FaderPort compatibility?

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by DrummerDan, Jan 19, 2013.

1. DrummerDan

DrummerDan Active Member

Hey guys, I love mixing ITB, for me its a hell of a lot easier than OTB and FAR FAR FAR more inexpensive. However I LOVE the feeling and action of an actual fader. A friend of mine uses the Presonus Fader port, but uses it with Logic or Cubase or something. I use Pro Tools 10. I haven't heard yet if it works with PT 10. Anyone have an knowledge on this? Because I'm looking to buy it very soon!

Thanks!

2. jimmys69

jimmys69 Active Member

It doesn't look good. :(

3. dvdhawk

dvdhawk Well-Known Member

Yes, it should work fine with most DAW software. That isn't to guarantee every function will carry over without some assigning on your part, but it is a fairly universal controller.

About 2:25 in -

4. jimmys69

jimmys69 Active Member

My post above is a link to Presonus knowledge base tech support post, that speaks of loosing compatibility with Protools 9 and 10.

Again, it doesn't look good. :(

5. dvdhawk

dvdhawk Well-Known Member

My apologies Jimmy, I missed the link in your post. Based on that response from the PreSonus tech team I agree, it does not look good for PT 9 and beyond.

I hope Dan caught your link and realized, real-world product support info trumps product marketing info every time.