presonus firepod

Discussion in 'Recording' started by mud5150, Nov 13, 2005.

1. mud5150

mud5150 Guest

Hey whats up guys.I must be losing my mind. I swear I posted this in here and then it ended up in daws and computing. Well I guess I'll give it another try. I had a couple questions for you folks who may have had some experience with the firepod. How is the sound quality on this thing, is it on par with say a digi 002. The reviews seem to be pretty good. I eventually want to get an rme fireface but I'll have to wait a little while before I can afford it. Probably be another 6 months before I can throw down on that. In the interim the firepod seems like a good option. I just wanted to be sure I could actually get a fairly pro sounding recording granted mics and my actual ability are up to par. Aside from that I had a couple questions about the outputs. It's unclear to me whether the 8 outputs on the back are actually assignable outputs or if they are just preamp outs. I also couldn't tell if the headphone output is seperate or if it is a replication of another output. I read throught the manual and it wasn't very clear on this topic. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

2. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Active Member

I have never used the 002, but, I am completely happy with my Firepod. The pres are not supurb, but definately usable.
    I use my Firepod with a Laptop. I will say it took a little while to dial in the buffers and what not, so don't expect plug-n-play.

The 8 outputs on the back are not assignable. there is also Cue and Main Mix outputs. The headphone is completely seperate and has a seperate nob for level.

3. mud5150

mud5150 Guest

do you happen to have anything I can listen to that you recorded with the firepod. I appreciate your help.

4. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

The Pro Audio Foprum is for NON COMPUTER specifc releated gear.

5. skeurton

skeurton Guest

i've had a firepod for about 6 months now and i'm very happy with it. here are ten songs i've recorded with the firepod:

http://madam-im-adam.com/flash-mp3/mp3player.html

6. JBsound

JBsound Guest

I run a digi002r a lot and also a digimax lt. The pre's, conversion, and clock on the digimax is noticeably better than the digi002r. That says a lot about Presonus' components, especially considering their ability to keep it cost efficient.