PreSonus FP10 sound problem

Discussion in 'Recording' started by jstrok72, Aug 31, 2011.

1. jstrok72

jstrok72 Member

Hello there, I'm new to this forum so don't be harsh if I don't understand some things.
    I have problem with my PreSonus FP10 and using it in Cubase/Nuendo 3...the problem is, whenever I arrange my midi drums in addictive drums, or play/record guitar through it, after about 5-15 minutes it just goes to noiseless and I can't hear anything, the signal is gone, and sound is gone!
    I tried everything, from changing bit and kh/z but nothing helps, I have to restart my Nuendo/Cubase program and my PreSonus FP10 also to get it working again for another 5/15 minutes :/
    It doesn't matter how my project or PreSonus is set, it always happens.
    My setting for project I'm working on now is 48 000kh/z and 24bit and PreSonus alone is also set like that!

I would be very thankful if someone could help me...it's really annoying!

EDIT:
    My system specs are:
    Windows XP SP3
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
    E8400 @ 3.00Hz
    3.00Ghz, 3.50GB of RAM
    Graphic card is G-Force 8600 GT
    And I have M1Active 520 monitors!

I also disabled 1394 Connection Firewire connection but also no help...

The same problem appears when I try to record guitars it just stops working, sometimes after a minute, sometimes afer 15-20...
    and there also appear small cracks while I'm recording guitar/bass in approximately every 20 seconds (doesn't matter which plugin, amplitube, guitar rig, revalver...), and they stay in the recording which is why I have to cut all or record some parts again...really annoying...everything is about 5 times longer than it should be cause of that problem.