PreSonus StudioLive 32 Series III

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by Sean G, Oct 21, 2016.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

Here is a preview of the PreSonus StudioLive 32 Series III

I trust what Ray Tantzen has to say...maybe its a beard thing.

On the other hand...the other guy without the beard, Ace Baker...looks a little sus ;)

2. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

3. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

4. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

5. dvdhawk

dvdhawk Well-Known Member

Following up; I'm being told that both are expected to ship late November / early December.

6. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    PreSonus = brilliant company.

Circuit Emulated Modeling. Describing plug-ins like this is more realistic. They use pictures but aren't saying its a LA2A. (y)

This new line of mixers (I think) is really all most of us need. Get a record contract, then we take it to the studio, that is, if it is actually that much of a issue.
    I wonder if they've improved the converters and pre-amps. Not that I am complaining but that would be what lessens the gap between home and pro methods to capture audio.

Multi-track recording without the need of a external computer. (y)

@dvdhawk Dave, are you still a PreSonus dealer?

7. dvdhawk

dvdhawk Well-Known Member

8. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

Thanks for moving this Chris( @audiokid ) to another thread...I thought about doing it myself but was a little unsure how to as I hadn't done it before.

9. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

What a coincidence Dave (@dvdhawk )...I'm a Presonus user ;)

I may have to have a chat about going through you if that can be arranged.

Maybe send you a PM to discuss?

10. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    Here is a good picture of it:
    SLMAD32-xlarge.jpg

Sean G likes this.
  11. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Presonus really does seem to be on fire these days... this is just one more product they are offering that is bringing solid, respectable, sonic quality to small to mid-sized production facilities, and at an affordable price; and, considering what you're getting for the cost, it appears to me to be a groundbreaking product - not so much in the foundational technology, because digital hi-res recording and mixing has been around for awhile now - but it's in the way they are incorporating it all together... in the "all-in-one" device; offering hi-fidelity recording, good-sounding emulated processing, along with all the other necessities; like EQ, aux's, cues, etc., with a one button "at a glance" approach - this feature isn't really "new", the Yamaha O2R had this same topology back in '97, but it didn't have the quality converters or pre's that Presonus has become known for having, nor did it have the very cool feature of providing built-in live recording without having to interface to an external DAW or Recording Device.

(I'm also betting that the integration of the SL32 to their S1 DAW is seamless.)

And, to many, I'm confidant that one of the big selling features of this desk - beyond those already mentioned - is actually one of the simplest things... they've brought back the tactile approach to mixing; and with full 32 fader topology, instead of having to assign 2, 4 or 8 faders to full 16, 24 or 32 track mixes.
    You can actually put your hands on this thing, tweak knobs, push faders. etc., and that is gonna mean quite a bit to those who miss that tactile side of mixing.

I'm excited about this, and looking forward to hearing more about it - as well as hearing music that's been produced on it. ;)

IMHO of course,
    -d.

12. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    It would be a lot better if some emulations, let's say preamp emulations would be done with different electronic circuits !
    Like Vox did with the AV60 (just bought one btw) ;)

13. DonnyThompson

Home Page:
    You mean modeled circuits, or actual electronic circuits?

14. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

have you ever used a PreSonus pre Donny? just wonderin' .... :rolleyes:

this is the one thing i find attractive. it is like the Joe Co. i think we are going to see more and more of this kind of thing. the only feature i am missing is ability to punch in and out on individual tracks of a file. that would be cool! :cool:

15. DonnyThompson

Home Page:
    Yes. about half of the LOVE album I produced for Terry Fairfax was tracked through a Presonus 1818VSL, before I got the ADK preamp halfway through the project.

I've always heard them as being on the transparent side, clean, certainly usable, and not the sub-standard quality that others have mentioned hearing.
    But, that's just me. I can't validate what others hear.

16. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

(y)

17. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I just wish mixers exist with different physical electronic circuit path like the AV60 ;).. Doubt it will come to life but it would be amazing to have...

18. DonnyThompson

Home Page:
    I'm sure it's doable... but to do that and still keep the cost reasonable is another thing. ;)

I think that's where something like a 500 Series rack would come in handy, to front load the signal any way you wanted to... :)

pcrecord likes this.
  19. DonnyThompson

Home Page:
    @Sean G , @dvdhawk , @audiokid , et al

Does anyone know what the top-out SR is on this? Is it 96, or 192, etc... and is the SR/BR track-count dependent?

20. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    Kurt, if I recall, the last time you used a PreSonus pre was at least 10 years back, maybe further correct? They are much better now. I did A/B's between a few well known's and the last SL32 ai and they had improved it a lot. Still not like the big boys but good enough to get Donny, the Ohio's best producer and CD awards http://www.theohiomusicawards.com/

I know they are at least 96k.