1. Dear Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN Samplitude Pro X4!
    Dismiss Notice

Profession Musician "live gigs" pro forum links? Anyone ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnTodd, Jun 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JohnTodd

JohnTodd Well-Known Member

Hi! I just got a permanent paid gig with a very well-known and established band. It's my first permanent gig since the 90's. I expect the band to be touring again constantly within a year. Yay for me!

What I am looking for are just internet forums that are for pro gigging musicians. This new internet thing makes lots of info available....so I want to get on other forums and read, read, read.

Anyone know of any pro player forums out there?

2. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Congratulations JT. I'm sure you'll do a great job.

3. lambchop

lambchop Active Member

New Jersey (right outside the Big Apple!)
    Home Page:
    Hmm, I wonder what sort of information would be obtainable on a "pro musician" forum that is not already obtainable on this and other sites. I consider myself a semi-retired pro musician that still works a couple of times a week on average and am considering going back full-time at some point in the future. A number of sites that I peruse are frequented by professional players and many even have dedicated areas for discussing "pro musician" oriented matters.

I'll try to continue this at a later stage, but need to start getting ready for my gig tonight at Miles Cafe in Midtown Manhattan.

4. JohnTodd

JohnTodd Well-Known Member

OK.

Thanks to both of you!

Now I just gotta get the nut and bridge mounted on my Tele-partscaster......it never ends. The Les Paul is a rockin' though!