PT 5.x.x TDM Mix systems plugs. wanna read your comment

Discussion in 'Microphones & Recording' started by Alécio Costa - Brazil, Apr 12, 2003.

1. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

Hi friends. I have to be honest that I am asking the same question at the DUC also.

first of all, I would like to have your opinions about compressors. Which one(s) do you think have provided you better results with specific recording/mixing techniques and different instruments and voices.

The "poll" has the following to be voted:
    a) Compressor banks from mcDSP
    b) Bomb factory LA 2A
    c) Bomb factory Fairchild 660
    d) Bomb factory 1176
    e) Drawmer dynamics
    f) Joe Meek SC2
    g) waves C1

Recoding/mixing situations:

1) Female Vocal
    2) Male Vocal
    3) Pop clean Guitars
    4) distorted Guitars
    5) Hard rock/heavy Guitars
    6) Acoustic Guitar > Nylon strings
    7) Acoustic guitar > steel strings
    8) Pop drums ( individual pieces/drums))
    9) Pop drums (stereo drums submixes)
    10)Rock drums ( individual pieces)
    11)Rock drums ( stereo drums submixes-
    12)Bass guitar
    13)classical stuff ( cellos, violin, etc)
    14)Backing Vocals

In my experience , I have not enjoyed C1´s very much. Sometimes even digirack plug compressor sounded better. I know they have renaissence collection also...

I am really enjoying SC2 Joe Meek compressor for Vocals and 5 string pop bass guitar.

sorry if this post is too long and boring, but lots of nice things shall arise here.

i just have to say that mcdsp, waves ( except for plugin upgrade policies) and TC works are very nice companies and customer´s support is incredible.

Nice weekend

2. Personally I like the BF compressors, specifically the 1176 and the 660. Doc

3. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

cool Doc. Man, e need to pick more people in here. Sometimes people get lazy and orget this part of the forum really exists.

You´ve got lots of experience to share with us. I also hope to have some input regarding these plugs.

:)