punch in solo guitar in a different recording studio

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by fbech, Dec 22, 2011.

1. fbech

fbech Active Member

Hello

I am producing and album of spanich flamenco solo guitar, we have been recording in a top proffesional studio in Madrid, Spain so far. We still need to record a couple of songs and make a lot of punch in trough the guitar in the rest of songs, but we are running out of budget and thinking to move to a another pro studio wich is less costly

1) the instrument is a top class flamenco guitar 20 years old with a very recognizable sound. If we make the punch in in a different studio, are we going to note a difference in the overall sound of the song? I would think yes, but is possible to make up this with EQ etc and get a preffesional result?

2) we are thinking about recording some additional instruments, doing this in a different studio I guess it would be no problem, Am I right?

Thanks a lot and happy christmas!

2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    With a different studio, you will get different engineer with his own selection of microphones and pre-amps, and also different acoustics. The result will make the guitar sound like a different instrument, so punch-ins are unlikely to work whatever you do with the EQ. There should be less of a problem with overdubbing other instruments.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed