Purely academic: Digi C24 vs. SSL Matrix!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Mckey, Sep 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Mckey

Mckey Active Member

Your opinions!

2. Mckey

Mckey Active Member

Okay... no opinions! haha
    its a tie!

Well I havent used SSL Matrix yet. So I can't testify to it. But I will say Im highly intrigued by it. Now the only downside I can see on the Matrix is (and correct me if im wrong here) the lack of Protools HD capability.

3. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

The Matrix has DB25 ports so you could in theory use this with an HD system. I don't know that the control features would be supported though. On the other hand, I don't see why they wouldn't be. Officially maybe not but you might be able to find a work around. Digi are such tight wads. It's tough to say.

4. Mckey

Mckey Active Member

Yeah geeze Digi are tightwads. I wish Logic would make a Logic HD haha. Atleast they dont give a crap what interface you use. I kinda like that freedom. But on the other hand... PT HD... enough said. But again the whole debate... how much would your DAW really matter if you've got a SSL Matrix? haha

I was reading that George Martin uses SSL almost exclusively now. Not the Matrix, they showed him standing in front of what I believe was the C200. It might have been a duality, Im not sure.