putting in beats

Discussion in 'Recording' started by lite, Jun 16, 2008.

1. lite

lite Guest

Hey guys im a bit new to all of this. I have not long ago bought myself a tascam DP-02 MTR. Its great having a lot of fun. Need to somehow add in drums and synth sounds. As i do not have a drum kit nor 3000 mics I have narrowed my options down to maybe Korgs's Drum/synth machine of Cubase 4. What do you guys think would be better for putting in beats?

2. Greener

Greener Guest

Not that I would ever want to help someone get a drum synth... But what kind of budget do you have and what kind of noise do you make?

Buy a real kit and use one mic, maybe two. Still sounds better than a synth.

3. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

If you bought Cubase 4 you would still need a keyboard midi controller. You could step edit everything but that would be a pain. A decent drum sample software would be nice as well. If you went that route you'd be looking at at least $600.00.

4. lite

lite Guest

hmmmmmmmmmm thanks guys.. I'm looking at spending about $500. Just spend a bit on my MTR as well as mics and stuff so bit limited at the moment for cash. Not sure what sort of machine i would want, thinking of a Korg.. Making alot of ballad music along with some punk.

5. GeckoMusic

GeckoMusic Guest

FL Studio is good for this, and relatively cheep. It comes with quite a variety of drums and synths.

http://www.fruityloops.com

6. lite

lite Guest

thanks guys i will check out fruityloops and see how that goes.