Question about M-Audio Audiophile USB sound interface...

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by DjR4FH, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. DjR4FH

    DjR4FH Active Member

    Apr 16, 2005
    Ok, this may seem really really dumb, but the usb port on the back of the unit is for connection to your computer....right? so that the sound can be recorded on your computer thru that? or getting confused....because...if its an all-in-one sound dont need another pci sound card with 1/4' i/o to connect it to the audiophile to record sound from whereever right?
  2. JBsound

    JBsound Guest

    All you have to do is plug the USB cord from the M-audio unit into your computer. The sound is converted into a digital form by the m-audio unit and transferred into your computer by USB.
  3. bowmandj

    bowmandj Guest

    The main market for these USB interfaces like the M-Audio unit, to which you refer, and others like the Edirol family of USB device (Edirol UA-20) is the laptop and mobility market. Laptops dont have a PCI bus but nearly always have a USB. Also the device fits in your pocket so it is easy to take somewhere that has an already installed PC with USB. Just plug and go (maybe some software install).

    The black box does all the A to D and D to A and the USB is just a digital transfer mechanism like ethernet, or fibre optic.

    I have the Edirol UA-20 unit for recording the church services onto my laptop. Then I take it home and edit off the talk to CDs, tapes and mp3s for the web site. Very convenient.


Share This Page