question on tube

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by peterko10ko, Aug 6, 2008.

  1. peterko10ko

    peterko10ko Active Member

    Aug 6, 2008
    i have a question and i bet its probably real simple. im trying to give a regular beat from my korg a little bit of a tube sound, you know the kind that sounds like a mild, warm distortion or maybe when you're in your car and you turn up the sound to the point to where the speakers are almost over the line but not quite. well i found a drum machine called the korg esx-1 but its like $400 and i probably wouldn't use it that much. i just need the effect and i know alot of amps are tube powered but im not sure if thats the same thing since i never actually used a tube powered amp. and i was really looking for just something like a stompbox with a tube in it or something similar. do they even make those? or am i just really lost. =) thankyou. oh its my first post here. hi everyone! =)
  2. GeckoMusic

    GeckoMusic Guest

    Is this for live performance, or are you recording?
    What gear are you working with?

    If you can host a VST, Christortion may work for you. I like it because it's free and you can adjust the harmonics individually. Parallel compression (New York Style) may be another option. Also search for soft clipping.
  3. peterko10ko

    peterko10ko Active Member

    Aug 6, 2008
    im recording. i have nuendo 3.0 but i have no clue how to host a vst. can someonle help me with that. im working with a korg triton studio, roland td6 drums, and a bunch of other equipment thats irrelevant to this. i use nuendo to record. any help?
  4. Greener

    Greener Guest

    I kind of get what you're after.
    You can plug your korg into an amp and mic the amp. The better the amp and mic the better your sound.

    You could try some form of distortion pedal, they do make ones with choobs. Take your korg to the local guitar shop and try it out on a bunch of amps and pedals. Annoy them for an afternoon. :p

Share This Page