Radial ProD2

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by audiokid, Mar 21, 2014.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    I bought the Radial ProD2 because I wanted more gain from the keyboards and another option into the converters over example, my Great River MP 2NV DI. Man, am I ever disappointed though. There is no difference in level and I don't even hear a difference is signal.

38 years years at this, I have never used something like this for recording so I thought to give it a try. Its a nice build but the benefit I'm getting is 1/4 to balanced and the thru which is cool but I don't need that, really.

Am I clueless on this? My levels on the keyboards and DAW are all cranked to 10 this way.

app-image-1-lrg.jpg

2. bouldersound

bouldersound Real guitars are for old people. Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Keyboards put out "instrument level", defined loosely. That's more voltage than mic level and less than line level. A passive DI like that normally gets connected to a mic input, so with instrument level input they typically output an appropriately low-ish signal level.

3. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    right, I get it, thanks Bolder. Looks like I'm back on the MP 2NV. It sounded great thru that anyway.

4. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    Found this which was a good read and helpful for others who find this thread with similar questions.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan14/articles/qanda-0114-02.htm

Just added a Nord Lead 4 to my keyboard arsenal and OMG, what an awesome synth. Its the bomb for USB midi programming and clocking to a DAW sync

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed