RAMSA WR-T820 how to run effects

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by Nicholas Spyker, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Nicholas Spyker

Nicholas Spyker Active Member

So I picked up a Ramsa WR-T820 recently and boy do I love it. The preamps sound nice and fat especially when they are pushed. I've been using it with a DAW set up but recently have been experimenting with recording directly to Tape and I would like to patch in Outboard effects like a reverb tank and a compressor. The board appears to be set up for effects. As you can see in the photos there are effects outputs..

But as far as I can tell there are no effect ins on the board whatsoever? What gives? There are inserts in each and every track which I assume are for independent effects. But how to I utilize these effects knobs on every channel (Effect 1 and Effect 2) If there is no effect in? Is the Effect Out also an effect in maybe a Tip Ring situation where 1 cable acts as the send and the out? If so it is only labeled as send. I'm also curious if anyone could explain why there are 8 submixes and what the point of this is. A lot of things about this board confuses me and Any help would be appreciated I'm not sure where to go from here. Thanks!

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

aux inputs

3. Nicholas Spyker

Kurt, There is 2tr In and Phono Amp In 1 and 2. But none of the inputs are labeled auxiliary or effect. Am I supposed to use one of these inputs to route the effects back in? I'm sorry I have never used a board set up like this it is not very intuitive

4. bouldersound

bouldersound Real guitars are for old people. Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Photos of the patch panel would help. What I found searching Google images was inconclusive.

If you have any spare channels you can use those for effects returns, which is ideal because then you have more routing and eq options.

5. Nicholas Spyker

6. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member