Realistic Acoustic Guitar Library ???

Discussion in 'Mixing' started by mark4man, Aug 23, 2007.

1. mark4man

mark4man Active Member

Home Page:
    Hello...

I'm looking to find a top-notch sample library (not sure if that's the right term) with realistic sounding acoustic & electric guitars (mostly acoustic, hollow-body electric & 12 String)...that can be played via MIDI (MIDI guitar tracks, composed in a DAW.)

[& not Real Guitar, by MusicLab.]

Thanks,

mark4man

2. Doomith

Doomith Guest

You could always go with recording a DI or clean version of your guitar and going through a plug in like Guitar Rig or something similar ? (Sans amp, amplitube, ampfarm etc etc?)

3. audiokid

audiokid Chris Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hey mark4man, if you or you know someone that plays well, I often sample my own guitar(s) or record them and mess around with parts. I find my personal samples are often best when I play the things I want sequenced. Even if its not perfect sounding, something about your own sounds, recorded during the time a song is being composed, has a blend that doesn't come from a library. Truncating a lick and spreading it around a track works.

A library I am looking forward to next year may be worth checking out
    http://audioimpressions.com is coming out with a few incredible libraries. If their guitar library is anything like the RTS ( real time strings) coming out in Oct of this year, its going to be awesome.

4. mark4man

mark4man Active Member

Home Page:
    audiokid...

I'm a singer/songwriter myself...but I use Tenor Guitar (4 string) for accompanyment. It's a great sounding guitar, but a lot of my stuff sounds better on a 6 or 12 string. Also: Thanks for the tip on audio impressions.

mark4man