Recording a tribute CD?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by therecordingart, Dec 9, 2004.

  1. therecordingart

    therecordingart Well-Known Member

    Jul 28, 2004
    What do I have to do to get the rights to record bands doing Pantera covers to release for a tribute to Pantera? It will be non-profit and the proceeds after covering for the cost of production will go to charity. The death of Dimebag inspired this project and I'm donating my time to record these bands and create this project.

    They were on Elektra, but there isn't any contact info for Elektra or Warner on their site. I just keep getting linked to other sights that lead to nowhere.

  2. Kurt Foster

    Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

    Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    You need to obtain licensing for the rights. Check with the Harry Fox Agency,
  3. therecordingart

    therecordingart Well-Known Member

    Jul 28, 2004
    Thanks Kurt!
  4. Pete_Weaver

    Pete_Weaver Guest

    Is there an opportunity to be included in this compilation?

    We'll do all recording locally at our own expense and then supply you with the master of the song.

    Our group recieved airplay on 112 stations in the US and Canada
    this year.

    Also we have a pretty high profile music attorney who could assist with your licensing and legal issues.

    Check this link and let me know your thoughts.

    Feel free to email me at

    Pete Weaver

Share This Page