recording cable question

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by dintrans, Oct 13, 2009.

  1. dintrans

    dintrans Guest

    I would like to use my line 6 pod 2.0 to record electric guitar directly to my mac.

    what kind of cables do I need? I mean I have an instrument cable (guitar to POD), but do I need a signal or instrument cable to go from POD 2.0 output to my Macbook line level input?

    Thank you!
  2. hueseph

    hueseph Well-Known Member

    Oct 31, 2005
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    This might do better in the Budget Gear forum. Do youreslf a favor and spend a little more money. $100 will get you an interface. $150 will get you an interface with phantom power and probably a pretty decent software package. Tascam US122. Not the greatest piece of gear but better than your standard line input on a laptop or iMac.

    For a direct answer, you will need a single 1/8" TRS(stereo) headphone type plug that splits into two (mono) TS 1/4" plugs. This will put some stress on that mini jack though and eventually, it may start to crap out on you. IE: a loose connection.

Share This Page