Recording iPod today?

Discussion in 'Microphones & Recording' started by Nate Tschetter, Oct 16, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Nate Tschetter

Nate Tschetter Active Member

Howdy

Just a rumor I heard...

2. Nate Tschetter

Nate Tschetter Active Member

Howdy

Turned out to be a little adapter by Belkin that allows voice recording.

I would really like something like this for location recording. A friend records shows all the time using a stereo mic and a Creative Labs Nomad. It comes out sounding pretty decent...at least, enough to archive shows and whatnot.

3. Squaysh

Squaysh Guest

Here you go:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=201526&pcount=&Product_Id=158384

4. boheme6

boheme6 Guest

Iriver's IHP series already records, has a built-in mic (for doing quick recording of ideas/conversations), has digital ins/outs, an FM tuner, will record in MP3 or WAV.. and the battery lasts about 4x as long as the Ipod. And it's cheaper.

I love mine, and know a bunch of other people who've picked them up - all love em.
    "-)

5. inLoco

inLoco Active Member

what i really hate about the ipod thing is that it is programmed to allow 24/192 but it only records at 8/11200 (i think)

i've heard rummors that there are people working on a crack for it?
    anyone knows? for what i know the recording limitation is just software! probably apple's affraid of law suits or something like that!