Recording MIDI drums

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by RockmanXPR, Sep 6, 2006.

1. RockmanXPR

RockmanXPR Active Member

Hi All,
    I did a search for the subject I'm about to ask but no go. So here is my question: I plan on buying a electronic drum set that has MIDI outs and I would like to record the drums to MIDI so that later I can run the MIDI file with Drum kit from hell superior. Is there any program that will record your playing and save it as a MIDI file? Thanks

2. MadTiger3000

MadTiger3000 Active Member

Too many to list.

Any DAW program capable of sequencing MIDI messages from your interface would be "acceptable."

3. RockmanXPR

RockmanXPR Active Member

Thanks, guess I'll readup on it with ProTools and Cakewalk that I have on my PC

4. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    :shock:

5. Cresta

Cresta Active Member

I think that is not a great idea :shock:
    Pro Tools doesn't have a Drum Map switch (so you will have to change some function in your tone generator) nor a drum editor (so you will be forced to use the piano roll view to modify notes...), and only Sonar 6 doesn't need a bridge to use VST.
    Go buy Cubase, it has Drum Map switch, Drum Editor and fully support any kind of VST (since Steinberg created them...).
    Last but not least: software drumkits are boring, why didn't you create your own patches? Drumkit From Hell have, indeed, excellent cymbals.