Recording on Compters - Questions

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by Henry Sherrell, Feb 20, 2003.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. Hey, i just got passed on by a friend and i am in need of help. I have said i will do a short 10-15 radio show for a internet game i play and so i set about doing it.
    I had everything ready and so i start recording (using a program called 'Nero'). I do a minute or so and listen. All i get is my voice, recorded over a load of static. I have tried moving away from the computer and recording, using different program, changing format but nothing is working. I have tried with this for 2 weeks now. My microphone is called 'Hitachi - DM-515 Impedance 6000'. It is the same as what people use to sing with. I am really stuck so any help is appreaicited. Sorry if this is on the wrong board as well. Thanks in advance.

2. Stevenjeremy

Stevenjeremy Guest

I'm just a beginner myself, but maybe I can help. The noise is most likely coming from the way you have the microphone routed to your computer. For me, the best results are from running the microphone through a good mic preamp and then into the computer, preferably line in. The mic in on most computers will have some bit of noise, and since you aren't running through a preamp, you're having to turn that level all the way up in your computer - thus the noise. Try that, and if nothing else, run the mic into a mixing board or something that you can adjust the level in, then run that signal into the computer's line in if possible.