Recording synths in mono

Discussion in 'Synths / Samplers & VSTi' started by Kevcs, Apr 5, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Kevcs

Kevcs Guest

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can advise me on how to record a synth track in mono? I have the stereo out of the synth in question going into a stereo channel on the mixer, then in my A/D box. Recording a mono track (I use Cubase VST/32 for PC) means having the right channel ignored with a stereo input, so what's the correct way to proceed?

Do I simply pan the stereo mixer channel that the synth is going into hard left? Or do I pan the actual patch on the sound hard left, so that the synth only outputs from the left jack?

Thanks for your time,

- Kevin.

2. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

Originally posted by Kevcs:
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can advise me on how to record a synth track in mono? I have the stereo out of the synth in question going into a stereo channel on the mixer, then in my A/D box. Recording a mono track (I use Cubase VST/32 for PC) means having the right channel ignored with a stereo input, so what's the correct way to proceed?

Do I simply pan the stereo mixer channel that the synth is going into hard left? Or do I pan the actual patch on the sound hard left, so that the synth only outputs from the left jack?

Thanks for your time,

- Kevin.

What is the mixer?