Royer R-121 shockmount

Discussion in 'Microphones & Recording' started by WRX07, May 12, 2005.

• Royer ribbon microphones - Why?

Simply put, when you put a quality ribbon mic on an instrument, voice, or other sound source, what you hear on playback is closer to real sound in nature than with any other kind of microphone.

1. WRX07

WRX07 Guest

Do the Royer R-121's come with an adapter so they fit on normal mic stands? My Royer shockmount doesn't fit on normal stands and I can't remember if one was shipped along with the shockmount

2. henryrobinett

henryrobinett Active Member

3. tomtom

tomtom Guest

The Royer don't come with a shockmount. I bought the RSM 1 shockmount with my R122 and it did not come with an adapter. Had to use a spare one...

Thomas

4. WRX07

WRX07 Guest

No, I bought the shockmount separately but I can't find an adapter. Thought the spare from my Sennheiser MD421 would work but it didn't. What kind of adapter does it need to fit on a mic stand? Do they have em at Guitar Center?

5. WRX07

WRX07 Guest

bump-sorry. What kind of adapter is needed for the RSM-1 shockmount?

6. audiokid

audiokid Chris Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Just to update this thread,
    I have a pair of Royer R-122 and ordered the RSM-1 Microphone Shock Mounts. If you are in the market for these mics, I would definitely invest in these mounts. They fit a stand perfectly and are very well made.

RSM-1_sm..jpg

• Royer ribbon microphones - Why?

Simply put, when you put a quality ribbon mic on an instrument, voice, or other sound source, what you hear on playback is closer to real sound in nature than with any other kind of microphone.