Scrolling between user created Massive patches

Discussion in 'Microphones & Recording' started by Dr_Willie_OBGYN, Mar 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Dr_Willie_OBGYN

Dr_Willie_OBGYN Active Member

Home Page:
    The biggest problem with Native Instruments' virtual synth Massive is that you can't just one-click between user created patches. You have to click File, then click the appropriate bank, then scroll to the patch you want, and then finally open it. It's a real pain in the ass and AFAIK this is the only synth that has this problem.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

2. audiokid

audiokid Chris Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hey Willie,

I'm no help here but I thought some conversation during we wee hours might be welcoming over nothing. I've wanted to buy that for years but instead I keep investing in hardware because I just can't stand slowness.
    I just added the Kronos x , an Akai Renaissance and Nord Lead 4 to my arsenal. The Kronos allows you to switch patches without any loss going from one to the next.
    I mean, the sound of the last patch holds until you lift your keys up. You can scroll around, switch between patches and it never hick-ups when you switch. The Nord does all the arpeggiating and wobble / morphing stuff so between those two, I have a lot covered.

Too bad you can't assign the patch a number or use some midi command? Some controller or quick key to at least get you to the bank faster?

3. Dr_Willie_OBGYN

Dr_Willie_OBGYN Active Member

Home Page:
    You should look into virtual synths. Once you go virtual you can never go back to hardware based. reFX Nexus2, Camel Audio Alchemy, and the Sylenth1 are a good start. I do PsyTrance music.

4. audiokid

audiokid Chris Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I have both (vsti and hardware) but have my favorites .

hey, maybe this is helpful?

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/massive-importing-sound-into-maschine.179561/

5. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Some midi controllers will let you switch internal VSTi patches with the touch of a button, Willie... but, you may run into trouble if the internal synth you have switched to is one that uses a lot of memory, at which point you'd have to wait for it to load.