Setting Up A DAW, using MOTU, MAC

Discussion in 'Computing' started by worthwords, Oct 19, 2003.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. worthwords

worthwords Guest

As one might guess, by the title- i am looking to setup my own DAW/project studio. Primarily for recording rock, so i will probably need the ability to multitrack (drums, or multiple mics on guit. cabs). I was "trained" on MOTU's Digital Performer, so i will most likely go with a MAC and the MOTU software.

My questions are:

1. What is the best way to monitor as I track (w/out any latency)? How would i set this up? (dedicated soundboard?) Specifics would be great.
    (i'm a signal chain dyslesic/moron)

2. A MAC question: As far as plugins go, is an OS 9 system the way to go, still, for Digital performer? What exactly is the advantage to OsX?

Forgive me if these questions have already been addressed in pervious times, i began looking through many earlier posts, but i just kept getting side tracked by the abundant wealth of knoweldge and interesting topics around...before i knew it 3 hours passed and my eyes are crossed.

Thank you for any input.

-Worth-

2. pponomarev

pponomarev Guest

You might want to check out the DP user board, http://www.unicornation.com. There's a lot of advice about MOTU stuff there, DP 3 vs. 4, etc.