Seymour Duncan Setups

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by mrb1946, Sep 24, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrb1946

mrb1946 Active Member

I'm building a new guitar and when it was time to pick out the pickups I wanted to make sure I made the right combination. After a few hours of searching I found that I like the Duncan Distortion (SH-6) in the bridge and the Invader (SH-8) in the neck. Do you guys think this would be a good combination? What combinations are you using? I'm playing Hard Rock and Metal.

2. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

That should sound good for what you're doing. The invader in the front could cause tuning problems as they have a very high magnetic field and could pull the strings a touch if set-up too close to them.

3. mrb1946

mrb1946 Active Member

I'm gonna have a graphite nut and locking tuners. Will that help?

4. jg49

jg49 Well-Known Member

It won't reduce magnetism's effect. The key from what I'm reading is pick up to string distance.

5. mrb1946

mrb1946 Active Member

I realize that it won't help magnetism effects, but will it help the out-of-tune effect?

6. jg49

jg49 Well-Known Member

Sorry I was not clear the out of tune effect comes from the p/u pulling the strings downward slightly so that when you play the string reverberates differently, the only way this can be avoided is by proper p/u to string distance where the string is not caught in the pull of the magnets.