Small console for home studio!

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by jeronimo, May 29, 2001.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. Bear's Gone Fission

Bear's Gone Fission Active Member

General impression on the A&H compact mixers is the pre's are a little better and the eqs are nicer and more usable than Mackies. Still kind of a baby step in quality, IMO. Also it seems like you generally trade some features for sound quality relative to the Mackies in similarly priced models, though I haven't done a thorough comparison on the issue . If you're using a lot of the patching and routing features of your Mackie, the swap might be disappointing on that level.

Bear

2. Audioboy

Audioboy Guest

FYI... Guitar Center is advertising the Panasonic Ramsa WR-DA7MKII with a meterbridge for just under $3,500.00.
    I know that it sounds like a lot of money compared to a 1604, but it's a third the price of a d8b...and how many chances do you get to own the best piece of gear out there?
    The DA7 has 16 mic-pres and 16 24 bit A/D's along with real usable DSP on every channel, bus and masters. It has full dynamic and snapshot automation, moving faders, instant recall, and over 200 libraries, off line EDL style editing and it's supports MIDI and 5.1 Surround Sound panning and monitoring.
    The DA7 makes a great front end for Paris, Soundcape, ProTools or your choice of DAW and with all of the inexpensive hard Disk recorders coming out this would be the perfect mixer...remember that's it's capable of 24 digital inputs...
    http://www.panasonic.com/proaudio
    http://www.da7.com

You can thank me later!

3. jeronimo

jeronimo Guest

What about the live audio ones from Soudcraft or Allen & Heath?Those have 4 bus, and direct outs on each channel, independent pahntom power, phase shifter... and soundcraft makes good consoles right?!

4. try2break

try2break Guest

Wow! An integral pahse shifter on each channel. I've always wanted that feature on a recording console. I think you might mean phase reverse switch, which actually is polarity reverse.

5. jeronimo

jeronimo Guest

Opps... yeap, that's what I mean... sorry!

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed