sold ward becks, bought neve mic pres but miss parametric?

Discussion in 'Graphic / Parametric EQ (analog)' started by antoniosolo, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    By sheer chance you may have got away with that. The +15 and -15 pins swap to being Out B and -In D respectively if you insert the adaptor rotated 180 degrees, and the 2604s will probably survive that. Had the 4136 had a conventional quad op-amp pinout, you would have toasted the 2604s.

2. antoniosolo

antoniosolo Guest

I keep powering it up hoping that it remains stable....I won't do this again until all questions have been answered. I ordered two API 2520 cards today to build a pair of 312's. Any advice there? Will I find vintage 2503's easily or will I have to go with jensens?

3. antoniosolo

antoniosolo Guest

Thankfully Brown Dog/Phil Maltby is replacing my burnt 2604's FOC. That customer service at its best. So even though it sounds great right now with just one 2134 in, the 2604's may still find a home inside this la4a. And yes Remy, this unit sounds good regardless. Thanks for listening.

4. antoniosolo

antoniosolo Guest

Those 2604's make the LA4A really transparent, not colouring but I have enough color right now with the pre's.