Some tips please

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Bigtekz, Feb 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Bigtekz

Bigtekz Guest

hello,

well i am one of the many artists on the rise, and i just need a few tips to help me get there.

i have a good mic, good mixer, good quality ...
    i use cool edit to do my thing.

But, does ne one have ne tips, effects, filters, nething i can do in cool edit to make my vocals sound more full, i have heard it done with someone else, and there mic is 6$ and they sound way more full than me.. .

i know my way around cool edit very well, im just not fully undrstanding all of it..

ty, tekz

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Sometimes something like a $6 mic is the perfect tool to get the reuslts you are after. Full sound starts at the source and with mic placement which have much more to do with getting a full sound. A great mic and preamp can help capture and can enhance full sound. Full sound can't be made after the fact with a program such as cooledit.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guests

a good pre amp!
    and it never hurts trying recording (vocals, guitar, ect) in different rooms, until you find the right suroundings. As you can imagine a bathroom or shower stall can sound way, way different than a bedroom with a phat ass couch and a bed that sucks up all the bass and has very little natural reverb.
    Once you find the right room, you will be on your way to a better sound.
    Best of luck

4. Bigtekz

Bigtekz Guest

thx alot, im gonna try the different room idea, 8)

ty =)

5. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Awesome!
    Best of luck