1. Dear Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN Samplitude Pro X5!
    Dismiss Notice

critique Song mix please

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by Smashh, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Smashh

Smashh Active Member

Ive been practising mixing . Its all in the box . I ve tried to do it instintively and ended up
    with 56 plug ins lol .
    I also experimented with the crushstation , i bought yesterday . I used it on the bass octaver ,
    and the slide guitar . Im not a slide player so its a bit rough .
    We just re wrote the lyrics tonight and Im getting the track ready for new vocals and harmonies on the tag .
    Any suggestions would be appreciated so I can improve it when the vocals go on it .Thanks
    oops wrong mix . sorry the vocals are too big .

Attached Files:

2. Smashh

Smashh Active Member

This one might be easier to listen to .

Attached Files:

3. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Love the song !

It seems a bit tamed in the higher frequencies. The guitars sound ok but the reste of the band including vocal seems squeezed in a tight place that sucks the HF.. Hope you are getting what I mean.. ;)
    The first mix was better except for the vocal being a bit too dry and a bit too loud..
    Hope this help..
    Perfos are spot on !

4. Makzimia

Makzimia The Minstrel Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Sounds good Ash, I finally thought I should listen, put my headphones on laptop :). It sounds like an Aussie type song. So, to me, I like the mix, the vocals as Marco said are a tiny bit dry, as in they're not quite sitting in the mix. As for the slide guitar, I wish I didn't play slide like you do play slide :). Good job.

Tony

5. Smashh

Smashh Active Member

Thanks Marco and Tony ,
    Yes I do know what your saying Marco . I think listening with fresh ears , its the drums suffer the most with loss of clarity , and that is
    like the whole backdrop to the piece . I am going to clear the session and try again and see if I can get a result using half as many plug ins .
    I will repost with new mix with that in mind . I agree , the first mix was clearer with vocals too loud .

pcrecord likes this.
  • AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed