sonor LE

Discussion in 'Recording' started by kpaso619, Mar 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kpaso619

kpaso619 Guest

I am using sonar LE that came with my roland sp555 .........I am trying to record seperate tracks for guitar, drums, bass, etc. My problem, that I can't seem to figure out, is when I have recorded my first track and go to record my second track the first track is being re-recorded onto the 2nd track.......I want every track to be its own designated instrument and not the previous tracks included with it......how do I playback my other tracks without re-recording them on to the current track I am working on?

thanks for your time!

2. Space

Space Well-Known Member

Thanks for yours:)

When you looked into the configuration of the software with your audio device, did it mention this specific issue?

This is most likely an issue that happens due to having a simple onboard audio device where the user has limited flexibility with routing.

3. kpaso619

kpaso619 Guest

I think you are on the right track. I have tried pretty much, all of the different input/output combinations, solo button muting, arming buttions and I get the same thing .....track one is always re-recorded to track two..........I am connected to my computer with a USB cord and my software, which I am starting to think is a "demo" or a simpler version and/or my midid device(sampler) is not a true workstation...

thanks!

4. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

"I am connected to my computer with a USB cord"
    What the deuce?

You could download Kristal from http://www.kreatives.org which is free and fully functional - it doesn't have MIDI functionality but you should be able to record audio (even if you just).

You can also get a trial version of Reaper (http://www.reaper.fm) which does support MIDI I believe.

5. Space

Space Well-Known Member

On it? I paved it!

The LE in most any package you find, even a lot of vehicles you may be looking at to purchase, stands for Limited Edition.