Sound Branding

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by thedragon, Apr 24, 2006.

1. thedragon

thedragon Guest

I live in the US, and have been asked to create an audio logo for a medical manufacturer. They basically want, when they power up the new machine they are designing, a sound, that is specific to them, to play. This is the first job that I have had doing this and am unsure as to what to charge. Any suggestions? I have been unsuccesful in finding any ballpark figures on the net. I need some input...thanks!

2. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I know that for graphic work of that type, people can get quite a bit of cash. A friend of my has done that for a few different companies, and he's charged anywhere from $800 to $1500.

Sound should probably be the same. I guess for my first job of that sort, I might say anywhere from $500 - $800.

Curious...are they looking for a jingle type thing where it's a few notes (like the NBC notes) or is it more of a sound sort of like the THX orchestra swell type of sound? Or do they even have a preferance.

3. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Member

They probably got this wonderful idea from starting their Windows machines? And that's probably just what they are looking for? Something classy without any hip-hop beats.

Strike a lovely chord
    Ms. Remy Ann David