Sound Workshop 30 Series Console

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by Phil Blackbourn, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Hey Guys.

Just managed to get my hands on a mint Sound Workshop series 30 console. Its 12 channel, and is in great nick.

Has anybody got one? Trying to decide if I should rack up the channels, or just keep it as is.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. LittleDogAudio

LittleDogAudio Active Member

I think it may be worth it to rack up. I'm currently working in a studio that used to have one (it's in storage now) and they told me that there is a very cool mod that's rather easy. It apparently raises the quality quite a bit.

I just put a call in to one of the owners of the board and when I get an answer as to what exactly the mod is, I'll let you know.

I did hear some older recordings that was done on the Sound Workshop and they sounded very nice.

Chris

3. Thanks Chris

4. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

I would keep it as is ... it's perfect as a front end and for summing for a DAW ....

I know a very respected Grammy nominated producer who had a Soundworkshps console in her studio for a long time ... this is a pretty respectable board.

I can't say for sure but I think they were made by OTARI ... I know for sure OTARI handled the service on them for a period in the 90's ...

5. yeah, thanks kurt

i was thinking about that to, might get myself a rosetta 800 to go with it.

i think your right some of the dudes from api went to work at soundworkshop, the otari bought the company. thats about all the information i can find.

6. Any word on the mods Chris?