Soundcard recommendation USB/Firewire

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by Kaen, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Kaen

Kaen Guest

Hello people,

I need a new soundcard USB or Firewire but before the buying i post here what u think and which soundcard would be the best.
    So, i am using Fruity Loops and Reason and plugin's.. for producing Drum & Bass and Dubstep. I want to connect to the soundcard the studio monitors,mic,midi keyboard, and a headphone,for now. But would be that good when the soundcard can handle the mixing with the monitors and the headphone.

I thought these:

M-Audio Fast Track Pro
    M-Audio ProFire610
    Lexicon Lambda
    Lexicon Omega
    Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1
    TC Electronic Destkop Konnekt 6

Cheers

2. Kaen

Kaen Guest

From among these two:

M-Audio ProFire610
    Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1

Which?

Or wait for the 2011 NAMM Show.

3. Steve@Russo

Steve@Russo Active Member

profire 100%

4. jmm22

jmm22 Guest

I recently bought a Saffire 6 USB, and like it a lot. If you have a PC (especially with Vista) I think any USB will offer much more reliability and less problems than Firewire. The saffire is ultra reliable, and sounds great. I should note that I only have experience with two interfaces, Firebox, and the Saffire, but remain confident in my observations nonetheless.

5. Steve@Russo

Steve@Russo Active Member

the saffire units are great, profire is a little more expensive and in my opinion has a cleaner sounding converter.

6. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

Firewire is just fine on Vista. It is recommended to use the legacy firewire driver however.

7. Dr.Bob

Dr.Bob Active Member

The Profire would probably be the best choice, but it depends on how much you want to spend. I have the Lexicon Omega and love it! You can connect A LOT to it, its easy to use, and it hasn't failed me yet!