Soundcraft Ghost power supply upgrade

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by Kiskadee, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Kiskadee

Kiskadee Guest

Hi., I now got my soundcraft ghost 24 with mute automation. I think it was a pretty good deal at £750 ($1,200 US). BUT, it came with the old green power supply (PSM 300). After spending hours reading about ghost modifications, virtually everyone says that a better power supply will improve the sound and performance. The newer black powersupply CPS275 is almost as expensive as the desk I bought second hand!!

I have read a lot of threads about alternative powersupplies but nowhere can i found a company (or individual) who sells them (I am in the UK) I have almost no electronics knowledge, so I am looking for a power supply that I can simply plug in. I would appreciate any guidance you can give me on this.

Thanks!!

2. killersoundz

killersoundz Guest

I apologize for not offering much help with this response, but I just have to say that getting that console for $1200 is probably a really good steal. I'm pretty sure i'd be happy with that, old power supply or not!! Good luck finding what you want!

3. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Buy the PS275 and carry on....happy.Its still a good deal. Oh and buy it before the other one blows up. Its not such a good deal then.