Soundcraft Series 600 16X8 Balanced Outputs to Tape

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by mightyflashlight, Apr 26, 2017.

1. mightyflashlight

mightyflashlight Active Member

Hello,
    Is anyone familiar with this board enough to help me?
    I want to record 16 tracks out from the balanced XLR outs.
    1-8 are "GROUP O/Ps" and 9-16 are "TAPE O/Ps", but they're paralleled.
    I know how to route 8 mic inputs to groups 1-8. Is there a way to simultaneously route another 8 to the "TAPE O/Ps" 9-16? Or do they always carry what has been routed to the Groups 1-8?
    Why is this that way? Why two sets of the same 8 outputs?
    I was hoping to avoid the unbalanced channel "LINE OUTS" as I prefer gain staging possibilities with the groups.

Thanks

2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Sorry you haven't had any replies up till now to your thread. When you first posted, I did a web scan for a block diagram of the 600 series, but I didn't find one. There was only a descriptive manual with the aspect you are talking about not fully explained.

Is there a block diagram of the routing of the master and aux sections in any of the documentation that you have? If so, could you either post a link to where it might be found on the web, or else scan your copy and post it somewhere we could access?

pcrecord likes this.
  3. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I know it doesn't directly answer the question, but does that mixer have direct-outs or line-outs you could use instead of the groups ??
    That's how I would do it...