Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peterhunt, Mar 4, 2008.

  1. peterhunt

    peterhunt Guest

    Hi guys -

    Here is my situation. I'm in a band; we just completed an EP and we are distributing it via iTunes, Pandora, terrestrial and online radio. Pandora uses SoundExchange to collect royalties. I am already a member of ASCAP, and from what I understand SoundExchange is for performers and ASCAP is for writers and publishers. Some songs on the CD were co-written between two members, some were solely written. One guy doesn't write any of them.

    My question: who signs up for what in SoundExchange? There are forms for a SRCO (sound recording copyright owner, for those who own the masters), and forms for a recording artist. If I am not mistaken, each individual member fills out all of them? How do we specify that we are a joint entity?

    Thanks. Please correct me if I am wrong.


Share This Page