Speaker Cable Question :)

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by Dkjjsl, Sep 8, 2006.

  1. Dkjjsl

    Dkjjsl Guest

    hey, Just needed a quick answer for my frustration. Im purchasing a pair of these http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta.../specs/#anchor

    Ive been trying to take a crash course in speaker set up, but I cant seem to understand what kind of cables those are going to need. I see the Balanced XLR and 1/4"; unbalanced RCA under analog inputs, but when I go to search I start seeing "female RCA" to "male XLR", and vice versa, and quite honestly, I cant seem to grasp the concept of cables having a gender
  2. AudioGaff

    AudioGaff Well-Known Member

    Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    Sure, think about it.

    Male=outward plug such as a Penis (usually an output)

    Female=inward recepter such as a Vagina (usually an input)

    Make more sense?

    I crack myself up...
  3. Kev

    Kev Well-Known Member

    Nov 13, 2001
  4. moonbaby

    moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

    Feb 23, 2005
    AudioGaff is ALWAYS anatomically correct in his answers!
  • AT5047

    The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

Share This Page