"Speaker out" to soundcard, How?

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by FLiPzOFLoW, Dec 29, 2005.

  1. FLiPzOFLoW

    FLiPzOFLoW Guest

    I came from the philippines.. im a newbie when it comes to these recording stuffs.. i got a karaoke amplifier here, im planning to connect my microphone to the karaoke amplifier, and the karaoke amplifier to my sound card, is that possible? the problem is i only see three pair of holes at the back that says AUX, VCD, DVD, but all of 'em are inputs.. the only output are for the speakers.. but the female sockets of the SPEAKER OUT are different, its not like the other 3 pairs.. is it possible for me to use the speaker out to connect to my soundcard? is it advisable if i include a picture? reply please.. help me out with this one.. take care.. more power...
  2. RemyRAD

    RemyRAD Member

    Sep 26, 2005
    It's simple FLiPzOFLoW. If you live in the United States, go to your local Radio Shack store. They will have what you need to be able to plug your karaoke amplifiers output into the input of your sound card. You may however need to get in isolation audio transformer as plugging the output from your amplifier into the line input of your sound card can cause terrible hum and buzz. The transformer will help to prevent that.

Share This Page