Strange Melodyne sync problem

Discussion in 'Mixing' started by BobRogers, Dec 30, 2010.

1. BobRogers

BobRogers Well-Known Member

I have a song with two vocal tracks to which I have applied Melodyne (Editor). Playing the particular vocal parts everything seemed fine. However, if I play the song from the beginning the vocals are delay by about .1 sec. Bypass Meodyne and everything is fine. I've even spotted it down to a particular time: start after 10.86 sec into the song and everything is fine (even with Melodyne not bypassed) . Start before 10.86 sec and I get a delay. Very strange.

This is a very simple song. Shaker, Djembe, Bass, 2 Acoustic guitars, Electric guitar, 2 vocal tracks, Vocal bus, Reverb bus, Master bus. I don't see anything at 10.86 sec that could have triggered this.

Update: Windows 7 (64bit), i7 2.8GHz, PT 9.0.0, Melodyne Editor 1.2.0 (32 bit) RTAS

I have saved, closed, shut down, restarted, reopened, etc.

2. Link555

Link555 Well-Known Member

Yes I get this with Nuendo 3.0 too, this only happens after I reopen the software. I print the the track before I exit the first session, then bring that track back into the mix and delete melodyne plug. Its a work around, but I have not found a cure yet.

3. BobRogers

That's what I ended up doing since I wanted to get this done - basically bouncing the "Melodyned" track down. I just made the other tracks inactive since I sent a message to Celemony support and I'd like to find out what is really wrong. Not a great time to expect a quick reply. But if they come up with something I will report back.

4. BobRogers

Celemony tech support got back to me yesterday. Pretty good response time over the holiday. Their response was that this sounded like a problem with a tempo change. The song had not been recorded to a click track and I hadn't (purposely) made any tempo changes. But of course, I view the tempo bar and there is a change that I accidentally put in. (Don't you hate it when you push some half-remembered key combination and "nothing" happens. You know you must have done something, but it's not clear what.) I had already "fixed" my problem with the workaround above, but I deleted the tempo changes anyway just in case I worked over the track in the future.

Just in case anyone needs the info later, I'll post his directions for working with tempo changes in Melodyne.

I got this information by Celemony support in January 2011. It's related to Melodyne editor version 1.2.

5. Link555

Link555 Well-Known Member

Cool thanks Bob!

6. Big K

Big K Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Thanks, Bob, for charing ..
    The second part was also quite new for me.
    Brillant!

Thanks Nils !!
    See ya, for a cool Mass Bier at the Hirschgarten...lol...