Studer 089 Console ?????

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by sonochrom, Jun 26, 2002.

1. sonochrom

sonochrom Guest

Hi there,

I'm looking for infos about the Studer 089 12 in 2 Mixing Console from the late 60ies. Has anyone seen or used it or knows anything about it ?

Thanks a lot, Andreas

2. Jonhedin

Jonhedin Active Member

Home Page:
    hi Andreas
    I know where to get hold on a studer 089. I've been using it for years and I have to say: I LOVE THE MOFO!

3. sonochrom

sonochrom Guest

Wow !
    Can you tell me a few more details ?
    Do you have some manuals or schematics ?
    Do you have the onboard compressor ? Or was this one just available for the 089mkII ?
    As you see, I know nothing, but I love the sound of the preamps. Usually, I record with TAB V76 and Siemens V276, but in the moment, everything goes thru the Studer.

Later, Andreas

4. sonochrom

sonochrom Guest

Wow !
    Can you tell me a few more details ?
    Do you have some manuals or schematics ?
    Do you have the onboard compressor ? Or was this one just available for the 089mkII ?
    As you see, I know nothing, but I love the sound of the preamps. Usually, I record with TAB V76 and Siemens V276, but in the moment, everything goes thru the Studer.

Later, Andreas

5. dynamo12

dynamo12 Guest

Hi, i've just got a 189 MkI. The modules are pretty much the same as 089. The 189 was the bigger sister/bigger frame. They are class A all discrete consoles. I don't know " how it sounds"
    yet cause console is actually on service and we'll get some upgrades done too. Since they were " Broadcast " consoles the frequency response is quite limited. there are other quirks but is quite soon to elaborate now. You can get in touch with Studer for manual/schematics. i wanted to use it on location...yeah right...is heavy as a tank..
    Overall greatly suggested..quality is outstanding
    all around...Jo

6. sonochrom

sonochrom Guest

okay,
    I could make contatct to Studer Germany now (via Studer Switzerland)and I get the copies of the manuals and schematics next week for 50€.

Thanks for your interest, Andreas