Superior Drummer 2

Discussion in 'Drums' started by arthurvs, Feb 7, 2009.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. arthurvs

arthurvs Guest

Hi all,

So recently i bought Toontrack's Superior Drummer 2.
    I record guitars, bass and vocals, but i sample the drums. (not enough space for drum recording)
    SD2 sounds great in what it is, but i still dont have a midi controller, so i cant do anything.
    What is the best way to sample the drums through midi? Should i buy a small keyboard, or a pad?

thanks in advance,

A.

2. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Active Member

i can't speak to a Pad really but it seems like a waste. To me it's a decent electric kit as trigger or a midi keybork.

3. ouzo77

ouzo77 Active Member

Home Page:
    i would use a midi keyboard. it's much cheaper than a electronic kit (which takes as much practice as a real drum kit) and you can use it for synths and other sounds too.

4. Imaginaryday

Imaginaryday Active Member

i would not use a keyboard to trigger drums as you need to have control over velocity and dynamic to make the your drum patterns sound and feel as natural as possible. i would use a drum percussion pad such as alesis or roland. your performance will translate well on these and are more comfortable than a keyboard.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed