Tag Alerts Explained

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by audiokid, Feb 15, 2015.

1. audiokid

audiokid Chris Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    @DonnyThompson @dvdhawk@Boswell @pcrecord @Kurt Foster @Chris

Hey guys! I'm sharing this with a few key people so please spread it around should the opportunity arise.
    If you noticed I just tagged you by including an @ followed by your usernames in this post. Maybe you guys know this, I just discovered it. :D
    Tagging is part of the Topic Alert System which is a way to notify a member(s) you want to include them in a topic.

As a perfect example and how I discovered this cool bit of coding....

I noticed Donny started a thread addressed to Marco today titled something like "Marco, hey pal" , but the thread is about the Focusrite ISA One vs PreSonus XMax . What a great topic for you guys but if i was passing by, I would most likely never discover it and our search engine most certainly won't either ! I've done this many times over the years too, so please don't be offended. Tony titled a few the other day, Kurt has etc. We all do it from time to time :love: .

Well here is the answer! Anytime we want to include someone, title the thread well and simply tag the member. How cool is that!

Quoting a member also Tags the member.

2. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I used @ many times, specially on long threads that I wanted to reach the op again

It's a great feature!

Chris likes this.
  3. audiokid

Home Page:
    @Chris

Just for curiosity, I'm tagging myself and seeing if it also works at the end of a paragraph, which is does. @Admin

pcrecord likes this.
  4. audiokid

Home Page:
    Cool, I never knew this! Duh, and I am the Admin lol. :notworthy:

kmetal likes this.
  5. audiokid

Home Page:
    Have you discovered the multi quote feature? That is brilliant coding as well! Highlight a word , sentence or paragraph like this, click Quote and continue to more post within a thread or outside that could be months ago.

6. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Yeah! I'm using that all the time! ;)

7. audiokid

Home Page:
    :D (y)

Here is an example for the others, just in case they are old like me ... :sleep: in these modern times....

Attached Files:

8. Space

Space Well-Known Member

@canIgetabeer...asausefullpersonthatis...butbreakfastiscoolaswell

9. audiokid

Home Page:
    exactly

10. dvdhawk

dvdhawk Well-Known Member

I can relate to that. I guess on some level I don't respond well to being talked "at", or speaking "at" someone else. But that's a Dave problem, being too literal I suppose (in these modern times).

I read virtually every post by the cast of regular contributors above (and several others) anyway, but I suppose I should officially 'follow' the posts of those members I'd really hate to miss. Sometimes I'll see a thread keep coming up long after it seems to have run its course. When I finally check back in to follow-up, the topic has gone off on an interesting tangent - or a complete hijack in a different direction. Sometimes there's some good stuff in there, and I would have missed it had I not been just plain curious about what was keeping that thread alive.
    On a couple of occasions, I've come back to a thread to see you ( @Chris ) have asked specifically if I would chime in on something. This Tag Alert system should keep me from missing any of those in the future. I DO use the quote feature fairly often, if I'm responding to someone / something in particular.

11. kmetal

kmetal Kyle P. Gushue Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Maybe using this will teach me how to use Twitter. I've actually started voice dictating some of these posts into my tablet, Im a comlplete dinosaur in some common areas of technology. It's definatly a need to know basis w me. It's funny that the Internet has given purpose to the ampersand, I wonder why it even on a keyboard.

12. audiokid

Home Page:
    (y) looks like a few of us are already implementing tags now. Kudo's. I'm glad I posted this now.