Taiyo Yuden Silver InkJet Printable CD Issues

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by veatch, Apr 13, 2004.

Tags:
  1. veatch

veatch Active Member

I've been using Taiyo Yuden CDRs with great success. Out of about 200 standard silver/blue CDRs, none have had issues. Out of about 100 white inkjet printable, again, no issues. Can't ask for any better than that...

However, i just started using their silver inkjet printable discs, and out of the first 50, i've had 5 discs with problems. That's a 10% failure rate... I ain't impressed.

But, before i pitch the rest in the dumpster, i just wanted to see if any of ya'll have had issues with these specific discs. Did i get a bad run of discs, or are there problems with TY silver printable CDRs?

Tanx

2. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I've heard that TY has has changed where it's being manufactured. I've also heard several people commenting on problems with the new ones. Maybe it's a sign or them just getting the kinks out.

3. TeeME

TeeME Guest

Look for updated drivers.

My old printer was doing failures until I updated the drivers, now 1 out ofd 500 and it is usually my fault. ;)

Long shot but see.

Dont toss them, save then for later :)

4. Ammitsboel

Ammitsboel Member

TeeME, i think they are talking about digital audio errors and not printable errors :wink:

5. veatch

veatch Active Member

That's correct - audio errors, not print errors.